mra .at. purplebark .d.o.t. net
I work at Bandicoot.In June 2004 I was awarded a PhD in Physics.
Updated May 2021.
- M. R. Arnison, Phase control and measurement in digital microscopy [3.8 MB PDF], Univ. of Sydney, 2004.
The source code for 2 programs I wrote for my thesis is available under the GPL:
For more information about this source code, see Appendix B in my thesis.
- otf.nb: a Mathemtica notebook for caulculating the vectorial optical transfer function using numerical integration (chapter 3), and
- votf.m: a MATLAB script for vectorial Fourier optics (chatpers 4, 5, and 7), which I think also runs fine in Octave.
Papers and talks (2000 - 2004)
- M. R. Arnison, K. G. Larkin, C. J. R. Sheppard, N. I. Smith, and C. J. Cogswell Linear phase imaging using differential interference contrast microscopy, J. Microsc., 214, 7-12 (2004).
- M. R. Arnison and C. J. R. Sheppard, Three dimensional optical transfer functions for high aperture systems with non-symmetric pupils, at the Australian Optical Society Conference, Sydney, Australia, 2002.
- M. R. Arnison, C. J. Cogswell, C. J. R. Sheppard, and P. T�r�k, Wavefront coding fluorescence microscopy using high aperture lenses, In Optical imaging and microscopy: techniques and advanced systems, Edited by Peter T�r�k and Fu-Jen Kao, Springer (2003).
- M. R. Arnison and C. J. R. Sheppard, A 3D vectorial optical transfer function suitable for arbitrary pupil functions, Optics Communications, 211, 53-63 (2002).
- M. Kyan, L. Guan, M. Arnison, and C. Cogswell, Feature extraction of chromosomes from 3D confocal microscope images, IEEE Transactions in Biomedical Engineering, 48, 1306-1318 (2001).
- M. R. Arnison, C. J. Cogswell, N. I. Smith, P. W. Fekete, and K. G. Larkin, Using the Hilbert transform for 3D visualisation of differential interference constrast microscope images, J. Microsc., 199, 79-84 (2000).
- P. J. Cronin, P. W. Fekete, M. R. Arnison, and C. J. Cogswell, Characterisation of an open-loop controlled scanning stage using a knife edge optical technique, Review of Scientific Instruments, 71, 118-123 (2000).
Personal writing archive